Our Green Story
At Tex-Cote LLC., all of our products are designed to meet or exceed state and local VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) requirements. TEX∙COTE®, a family owned business that has been manufacturing high performance coatings since 1961, is the first paint and coatings manufacturer to be granted a patent for heat reflective wall coatings and incorporate post industrial recycled content into our products.
Our flag-ship product, COOLWALL®, is a revolutionary coating system that helps reduce the impact our everyday actions have on the environment by having extremely low VOC’s and can provide cooling cost energy savings*. COOLWALL®:
MOST COATINGS CLAIM TO BE GREEN BY CUTTING VOCs. ONLY COOLWALL® CUTS EMISSIONS THROUGH REFLECTIVITY, UTILIZES RECYCLED MATERIALS, AND HELPS REDUCE COOLING COSTS
- Contains heat reflective properties to reduce surface temperatures and can provide for cooling cost energy savings*
- Has heat reflective technology that also leads to increased durability and fade resistance due to less expansion and contraction stress on the coating, greatly extending the product life-cycle.
- Incorporates post-industrial recycled glass to further increase sustainability.
- Has been recognized by prominent LEED™ Accredited Professionals as being worthy of submission for LEED credits in up to three of the six LEED categories.
- Can lower cooling electricity usage during peak demand hours, which results in a significant cost savings*.
- Allows you to experience lower surface temperatures as a result of increased reflectivity without sacrificing color and visual appeal. Providing lower surface temperatures in all colors not just white.
- Uses the same infrared heat reflective technology used by the U.S. military to reduce radar signatures on its planes and vehicles
- Works by reflecting much of the infrared light back into the atmosphere, lowering surface temperatures by up to 40 degrees Fahrenheit*
- Was tested and proven by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory to reduce cooling costs by up to 21.9%*.
- Incorporates patented FADE BLOCK™ technology that is virtually immune to the effects of harmful UV radiation, which include degrading paint resulting in fading and chalking.
Tex-Cote LLC. is dedicated to leading the paint and coatings industry in becoming a true “green” manufacturing company and reducing the impact that we all have on the environment. From incorporating recycled content into our product line, to the cooling cost energy savings that can be obtained through COOLWALL® heat reflective coatings, TEX∙COTE® is dedicated to working towards a more sustainable future for everyone.